Sunday 17 April 2011

Becky's Big Day

This is the fifth post in a series. Parts one, two, three and four are avaliable on my old blog.

As me and Becky have always been so close this was the first dress I was truly nervous about handing over, as well as it being the first of my dresses I was able to see actually go down the aisle. So on the morning of April 18th 2010 I was pretty nervous... although probably not as much as Becky and her fiancé Sam.

But after months of work and a extremely involved design process this was the finished result

As a final feature I added a loop to the train so it could be hooked out of the way during the reception.

So after nearly 170 hours, 2 fittings, 2 shopping trips and 220 cover buttons this is one of the best dresses I have made and certainly the one I am most proud of. It was an honor for me to be able to give this gift to a friend who has been a sister to me for years.

I'd like to finish by saying I wish the shiny new Mr and Mrs all the luck and love in the world, congratulations guys :) x x

No comments:

Post a Comment